blog screenshot

Some design changes

I watched a documentary about typography the other day, and it made me want to make a few adjustments to the fonts on my blog template. Which then lead to making a lot of other changes. First of all I tried a background, but it really didn’t work, it was much too busy…

My original layout was a simple feed of all blog posts, with a side bar with various widgets in it. I realised I wasn’t that keen on the sidebar, it looked cluttered and took away space from the actual photos I was posting. So it got the chop and the entries took full screen. I hate it when you’re trying to read something online and there’s loads of autoplaying videos and animating sliders drawing your eye away.

I tried out a few layouts for the front page and categories…And decided I wanted to make it easier to find things in specific categories rather than just the most recent posts, so added some filters to the front page. I alternated various different available templates so it wasn’t just a monolithic grid.

Receive new posts via email.
Your data will be kept private.